Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A letter

Dear _______,

Well, I made it! In one piece, no less! I hope this finds you well. I miss you.
On the bus yesterday I saw these 2 homeless people, a man and a woman. They both reeked of cheap booze and dirt but they clearly both loved each other very much. The man helped the woman on the bus and they held hands, the woman even rested her head on his shoulder and fell asleep. I thought of you when I saw that, thought that it was something you would find charming in a weird way.

I also had an idea for your movie. You know how you want to have an interesting credit sequence without wasting time or taking away from the story? You could start the movie in James' apartment and he could be sitting there and watching tv and he could get the phone call from June still but while he is on the phone the credits are on the tv screen. Or something like that. I don't know, you're the genius. Not me. I hope you are doing well with your writing and your movies.

I hope you find the time and money to visit soon. This town needs more ______'s in it.

Well, I suppose I should get going. Just wanted to say hello. Write me back! I never get mail anymore.

Love, _________

No comments: